Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sam's Blessing


Today we blessed our sweet baby Sam. He's definitely the oldest to be blessed, but since my family were  already planning a trip at Christmas we just decided to wait until everyone was here. I feel badly that I didn't get more photos of everyone, but we are so grateful to have Sam in our family. He is a good baby and loves to sleep (something we've never experienced before) but he does like to be held when he's awake which can be a bit of a challenge.


Spense and Sam

Since we already had people staying at the house and there were enough people to feed we decided not to have people over after the blessing. I felt a bit bah humbug about it, but when we got home from church it was nice to not have to rush around and get ready for an event. Spense and his dad made us some tasty aebelskivers before we went off for a quick walk. 


We were glad to have Josh, Hayley, and Liam back with us after church. We were sad to hear how sick they had all been, but were glad that they made it to Josh's sisters wedding at least during their Utah trip. I was a little nervous that we might get something from them since Liam's last throwing up incident had been less than 24 hours ago, but there wasn't much we could do.


Thomas enjoying a walk with dad


Everyone except Noelene who stayed with sleeping Sam


During the walk Hayley was constantly scared about the threat of a bear or other wild animal creeping up on us. She was upset with mum and I for wearing red. Spenser reminded her that it was a bear not a bull that she was worried about! Luckily we survived the walk with not a single bear sighting.


It was a pretty sunset


Since Grandma and Grandpa Cammack are
leaving tomorrow we got some pictures.


The reason for the trip.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I love your family photo in front of the fireplace. It turned out really cute.