Friday, July 5, 2013

Fountains and Fireworks


We started July off the right way with a trip to Kandle Pool


We hit the fountains in Bremerton before catching a ferry over to Seattle for a Sounders game. I planned to head home with Sam once I had dropped them at the stadium, but when we realized how late a ferry they would be catching back I stuck around so that I could take all who wanted to home. A good plan didn't work out quite as we had hoped!






The water was pretty freezing so these two
didn't stick it out for long




We had originally planned on going to UT for July 4th since everyone except Brad and Deidre were going to be there.Spenser even bought a ticket, but then I wussed out last minute because I was afraid of driving late into the night in the middle of no where with the kids alone.


Spense whipped up some patriot pancakes




With tummies full we headed down to the parade
















It was thirsty work so they headed across the street for slurpees




Kim put on the neighborhood party and we took desert




The kids enjoying the neighborhood bash






Lots of confetti lead to...


...lots of sweeping


Everyone pitched in!






Fireworks get to be a dangerous business
in our part of town






After several errant fireworks missed us by a few
inches we packed up and went to see the real thing


Waiting up on the hill


And now the clean up begins!

No comments: