Sunday, January 12, 2014
Pacific Northwest Tournament
Whoever thought that a soccer tournament in the Pacific Northwest during January was a good idea would have been so very wrong. The weather was absolutely nasty this weekend. I took the first evening game on Friday night and then Spense was on duty on Saturday. He did have to stand through two games, but I had to entertain the other 3 children at home all day so I think that we were about even.
The worst part of the day happened when Thomas called to tell me that Spense had left his wallet in the bathroom at the mall and of course when he went back to look for it the wallet was of course no where to be found. The second worst part of the day happened when I called Wells Fargo to tell them about the card and they cancelled my card instead of Spenser's. That was awesome. I was so happy. The check book it is and a card holding cell phone holder for Spenser it will be. He tends to lose his wallet, but I have never known him to lose his phone!
The boys failed to advance into the next round due to some weird rule they were using. No one was too worried though. It meant avoiding another one hour drive up north to then stand in the rain watching an hour long game. For us it meant avoiding the disappointment of not being able to play a Sunday game again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment