Monday, June 9, 2014

Elementary School Graduation


Today didn't go quite the way I had planned. Zach had a trip to the zoo and Sam and I planned to join his in the morning before we rushed back for Thomas' graduation in the afternoon. Sam, however had some different ideas when he woke up this morning and started throwing up. I left Thomas home with him while I went into school with Zach and explained the situation. I was so upset. I had been to the zoo with my other kids and I hated having to send him off alone. I came home and cried. Thomas asked if I wanted him to stay home with Sam until it was time for his graduation. He is such a sweet boy.


Sam did however, get dragged along to 6th Grade graduation. Thomas was a good sport and tried his hand at the bass guitar for the event even though he had never played it before.




Accompanying the rappers. It was interesting!


Thomasand Jorge waiting for their chance to
introduce themselves and talk about what they want to
 do when they grow up


Some fist pumping


Thomas received an award for academic achievement and the
President's Award for educational excellence.
We are proud of his hard work.


Great friends and neighbors


 Mrs Eygabroad, Thomas' 3rd grade teacher
came along to see her last kids graduate.


In the evening Thomas advanced to the rank of
Tenderfoot at Scouts.


What a great boy we have.

As a side note Zach survived the zoo without me. He didn't throw up on the bus (which I was super worried about) and had fun with his friends. The highlight of a day was being spoiled by a classmates dad who bought him a large lollipop. He probably wouldn't have got that if I had been there, so maybe it was a big win for him.

No comments: