A beautiful thing happened today. I finally got my braces off. I had only had them on for a few short months, but I was definitely ready to say goodbye to those things. I probably could have kept them on top for a little while longer (and would have if they had told me that would be best) but they seemed happy enough with me. I told Spenser that I don't know how the convince people to go through with braces, especially the people that have to have them on for years. He said that once they've committed a few thousand dollars they are pretty down with it, but I'm still not sure.
I hated the way that they felt. You felt like you always had sore and cracked lips. They were a pain to keep clean. I hated eating around other people because I knew that a bunch of stuff would always end up in there. Let's be honest, they're pretty ugly to look at too and they definitely made me feel that way. So would I get them done again? I'm not entirely sure, but I do like the results we got. I will also be religiously wearing my retainer! Thanks so much for doing it for me Dr. Venn.
Pre-treatment
The final outcome
(Now Spense wants me to have some gum surgery!)
3 comments:
They look beautiful! Good for you.
Wow Nadia, I had no idea that you had braces. You look great! Brad just finished his Invisalign too but he needed it a lot more than you did...he thinks I need jaw surgery but I'm kind of not ready to go ahead with that one...
I didn't know you had braces either. I think I need them more than you did. I am thinking about getting them again. And gum surgery...that sounds invasive! :)
Post a Comment