Wednesday, September 7, 2011

First Day Back


Our first day back at school wasn't entirely as I had envisioned. I wanted to do a back to school meal last night, but we ended up waiting at Red Robin forever because my stove was out in the middle of the floor. The kids had also wanted muffins this morning and I couldn't bake those either. We ended up with cold cereal on the floor since the kitchen table is in the middle of the family room right now. I hope they get a bit more work done on the floor today!

The kids were pretty good at getting up this morning and listened well when I asked them to do things. I didn't have to raise my voice once and no, I don't expect that the trend will continue!


My 4th Grader


My 1st Grader


Olivia was a little nervous when we arrived, but once we had her bag hung up and she had found her place she settled down to work. Thomas of course ran off by himself like a pro.


At the end of the day I went out to make sure that they got off the bus OK. Thomas was sweet and held Olivia's hand across the street. If only they were always so loving! Thomas said that his teacher was SO nice and Olivia said that she enjoyed recess! Being gone all day didn't seem to faze her at all. Zach did better than I expected. He was sad when I told him that they were at school and asked a number of times throughout the day when they were coming home, but we got lots of play time in. I sure got to spend a lot of time on my hands and knees playing Batman with him, but it's something I don't get to do every day (although that might change!) and it was fun to have some one on one time.

No comments: