After a few minutes of trying to make him feel more comfortable I just decided to leave him with Spenser. Zach was already asking him not to leave him. Spense came out a couple of minutes later. Zach was crying, but Spense was sure he would be OK! I sat in the car and cried for a little while too. It's always hard for me to look back at that little face and see them so sad. I wonder sometimes if stay at home mom's do their kids a disservice but not leaving them at daycare then none of this would be so hard. Thomas was pretty terrible at this age too so hopefully Zach will get over it at some point just like he did.
I ran to Target and Spense called me to tell me that teacher Sandy had called. I expected to have to leave the store right there and then, but he said she had called to say he only cried for a few minutes and was now doing fine. When I picked him up he was a little clingy, but was happy enough to talk about what he had done that day. Hopefully, we'll make it!

2 comments:
In a sneaky way it kind of makes you smile that he loves you so much that he doesn't want to be apart, right? All this new free time just before you gear up for #4!
Always a more traumatic experience for the parent, I think, than the child. Gabby did not like going to preschool and would cry when I left. They told me it was only for a few minutes and she would do fine, but I would always pick her up early for a trip to Starbucks for treats. I think it was definitely harder for me to have her gone during the day because she was the "baby" of the family. Enjoy some kid free time while you can!
Post a Comment