Thursday, September 1, 2011

North West Trek and Ice Cream Social

With only one more full week of summer vacation left I asked the kids if they had anything that they especially wanted to do this week. They were more than happy to have a couple of play dates and Thomas suggested a trip to Northwest Trek. Since the first part of the summer was so crummy I have been trying to do everything I can to make up for it so I was happy to oblige. 


Here they are ready to take the tram tour


Olivia and Thomas both enjoyed looking out
for those elusive animals


We got to see some buffalo


After the tram tour we stopped for lunch. It was at this point that I was ready to pack up and head back home. There were yellow jackets everywhere and they only seemed to be interested in us. The kids were  scared to death. Olivia was crying hysterically, Thomas wouldn't sit down and eat, and Zach was just mad that they were crawling into his apple juice can. He wasn't afraid to give them a quick swat and I was scared to death that he was going to get stung. As I looked around no one else's kids seemed to be freaking out - just mine- but we ate quickly and stuck it out a little longer.




We got to see the coyotes


There were also some other crazy animals hanging around




Zach loved "Mr Bear"


Thomas the bird fan liked the Bald Eagle


We enjoyed a fun and sunny day together
and everyone wants to go back soon.

After making the drive home we quickly changed and headed over to school to meet the kids new teachers and drop off school supplies. Olivia has Mrs Stone this year who was Thomas' 1st Grade teacher which I think has made Olivia a little more confident about going back. Thomas has Mrs Craig a newer teacher to the school who I was a little nervous about having, but after meeting her and finding out how much she loves math and science I think she will be a great fit for him. After some ice cream in the gym both kids left excited for a new year. 

No comments: