Thomas and our neighbor Ryan
Could there be more trips to the pumpkin patch I hear you say? To be honest I feel like I've been to every single farm in the area during the last month, but I couldn't miss the chance to go with Thomas on his kindergarten field trip. I have really enjoyed going on a few field trips and being able to volunteer in the classroom for the last month. It has really given me a great chance to see how Thomas is really doing (or what he's not doing when he's wandering around!). I have enjoyed being able to help out some of the children who are struggling a little and its been nice to see what a great group there are Thomas' class.
This time we headed out to Schiffer's pumpkin patch where we took a hay ride out to the pumpkin patch. The children were encouraged to make sure that they didn't pick pumpkins that would be too big for them to carry, but of course I ended up carrying a couple back to the wagon. We then got to pet a number of animals and I was so proud of Thomas when he held one of the rabbits since I think he's always nervous that he might lose a finger of two at the petting zoo. The morning finished with a trip around their corn maze which no one but a couple of the kids seemed to be able to get out of without some help from the employees. My main problem was that I was having problems navigating the tight corners with what is now a gigantic belly (well that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!).
Thomas and his classroom buddies

No comments:
Post a Comment