
Amidst being told what a mean mom I am and his "potty talk", it is at times like today that I remember how sweet my big boy really is. While I was volunteering at school yesterday their teacher described a piece of work that she wanted them to finish. Since we celebrated Martin Luther King day on Monday they have been spending some time talking about him and his "dream". The kids were asked to come up with their own dream and then draw a picture of what they needed to do to help achieve that dream. One boy had said that he dreamed of everyone having food to eat, and another that people wouldn't hurt each other anymore. When Thomas came home from school today, he proudly announced what his dream was. He told me that he "wanted to live with God again" and when I asked what his picture had been of he said that he had drawn himself praying. I was so proud!
He also told me last week after his first week as a CTR that he wanted to take the shield that he had colored in primary to school. Being more fearful about my own beliefs than he obviously is, I told him that his picture might get ripped or damaged being carried around in his bag, and so I told him that might not be such a great idea. He just looked at me and said, "Well, Mom. I need it to help me choose the right!" How grateful I am for little boys!

4 comments:
Oh Thomas! It brought tears to my eyes! He's such a lovely little boy xx
that is really sweet! Maybe you could laminate his badge and pin it to his bag?
...ps i just found you browsing through the bloggers next blog button...
How sweet!
Thomas really is a "sweet boy," I hope that Sam grows up to be just like him, and that Sam will teach me lessons just like Thomas!
Post a Comment