Thursday, November 13, 2008

Zach hits a year!



Siblings were on hand to join in the celebration of Zach finally reaching the end of his first year. After all the sleeping grief he has given us we did at times wonder whether he would live to see this day, but somehow we made it! Grandma Noelene was out on a trip to visit us and Josh and Hayley also stopped by for some food and to deliver one of the best presents of the evening.

Olivia and I made cupcakes this afternoon. I feel awful that he didn't get a special cake, but I just felt like cupcakes would be easier for everyone and Zach certainly didn't complain. Olivia is getting to be quite the pro at cracking the eggs. We only had a little shell to dig out today! I also made the plunge and purchased myself a little icing bag and I think that it made all the difference. I only have to say that I am deeply sorry that I didn't buy it a few days earlier when we did Hayley's cake. She really could have had a quality product.



After enjoying a bit of cake we opened presents. Zach loved the sword that Hayley and Josh gave to him and was also interested in his little ball popper. The best gift of thr night however, had to go to the brush that I gave him in the hope that he would no longer try to sweep the floors with my big brush. We'll see how that one goes.


Zach even though there are days that are harder than others we truly do love you. You have such a fun little disposition (when you're not being grouchy) and the widest smile. There are times when I watch you and I am just amazed at how much you are watching and taking in because you are quite the little impersonator. I love to see you get out your hammer and screwdriver when dad is working on projects, and to see you get out your light saber and join in the fights with Thomas and Olivia. You also make me laugh when you bend over and get in the face of someone that you think it is real important to talk to. From talking to grandma Noelene it sounds like you are a lot like your dad was when he was a baby and I guess that if you end up turning out like him we can't go far wrong!

2 comments:

Hayley said...

Glad we were there to celebrate! xx

Deidre said...

Darling. Good to see what you've been up to!