Spense has wanted a new computer forever and we decided that we would finally take the plunge and buy a new Mac. Since you don't have to pay sales tax down in Portland we decided that we would make an overnight trip out of the event, since what we would have paid in sales tax would just about cover the cost of the hotel room. We drove down to Lake Oswego and stayed in a trusty Fairfield Inn. Zach thought that it was a lot of fun to lie on the pull out bed and change the channels as everyone else tried to watch TV.
Since it was getting late we quickly headed down to the pool. Zach has this new thing with putting everything that happens to be nearby and available into the toilet. I got changed in the bathroom and left my clothes in there and when I went back in I found him dipping my stuff in and out of the bowl. What a delightful child he is certainly becoming!

We had a fun swim. I thought that the water was a little cold and so I didn't really want to get in at first. I'm a bit of a baby when it comes to cold water. Anything less than bath water temperature is just too cold for my old bones. Thomas told me that I was being boring and no fun and so that helped to make me feel guilty enough to make the initial plunge and it wasn't too bad after that.
The oldest two children had no problems sleeping. We wish that the same could have been said for Zach. Spense took him on a drive at about 10 p.m. because he didn't seem to want to fall asleep alone. When they got back he was asleep, but that only lasted for a couple of hours. He was when up pretty much most of the night until he finally gave up around 5 a.m. Before that though he managed to throw up all over Spenser which required a middle of the night shower and he drove around Portland in the car for about 2 hours with no result. Since he has only finally been sleeping through the night for the past few weeks we are now worried that we have undone everything that we have worked so hard to fix (and we also know that we'll have a grouch on our hands in the morning!)

1 comment:
What a weekend - quite an adventure for a new computer! =)
Post a Comment