Thanksgiving Day ended up being a little frustrating to me. It began well with some watching of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade as I started to make rolls. Spenser was off playing football while I worked away. I never have understood why American men thinks its cool to leave their wife to cook dinner and watch the kids (things that they do every day anyway) while they're off running around having a fun time. It's supposed to be a holiday for the female species too
right?!
Time then just seemed to run away from me. I guess that I thought that I had lots of it because before I ever realized it the turkey needed to be in and the rolls needed to cook if we had any hope of eating before 7 p.m. I also neglected the fact that the rolls cook at a different temperature than the turkey and so that caused a little rearranging. You would think that I have never done this ever before or something. You would think that all those English chicken dinners that mum served to me would have served me well.
At around 4 p.m. (when we had originally planned to eat) I sent Spenser and Thomas out with Cooper the dog, who we were sitting for the Johnson's. This proved to be a bad idea on my part. Zach wandered into the kitchen diaper less (as he seems to do a whole lot these days) with poop hanging from his little bottom. I put him in the bathroom and thought it would be wise to close the door so he couldn't escape and cause further havoc, while I went in search of the removed diaper and another clean one. When I returned to the bathroom I found Zach splashing around in some pee he had decided to deposit on the floor. The bath seemed like the only option at this point so upstairs he went. I then spent the next little while running up and down the stairs each time I heard the timer telling me that my rolls were ready. Needless to say I wasn't in the nest mood when the boys came home.
I set the table, and finally managed to put some food in front of us just a little before we were due to be over at the Hollingsheads for desert. I of course had to make a big apology to everyone about my little outburst and explained that I only get mad because I want everything to be perfect and it rarely ever is. Spense and I enjoyed the meal. The kids liked the rolls and toasting their 'fancy' glasses and that was about it. I was frustrated because I felt like I spent the whole day cooking a meal for 2 people when I would much rather have hung out with everyone. Lesson learned for Christmas Day - eat early or I'll spend all day cooking!
If nothing else everyone did enjoy the rolls!
The kids loved raising their glasses and saying 'cheers'

Tom and Mum
We enjoyed some desert over at the Hollingshead's and the kids had fun playing together. Zach had refused to nap earlier in the day and was a mess by 8 p.m. so he was our cue to leave. Spenser decided to venture out to the Toysrus sale which started at 11:30 p.m.. He called me a little after getting there, explained how insane the line was, and decided to come home since there was really nothing that we were desperate to have anyway.
Carson and Thomas enjoying some pumpkin pie
Thanks though Target for making our day complete with your great sale on the Sony Blue Ray. We'll be enjoying some high quality movie pictures very soon.


2 comments:
Oh Nadia, I agree! I think maybe next year there should be no football...
Sounds like a lot of work but it looked perfect Nad!! Whatever you turn your hand to looks perfect! x x
Post a Comment