We made our final decision, took out the camera for a picture, and found that the battery was dead. since I really needed these pictures fir a project, Spense found himself driving back to the store a couple of miles away. The kids sat on tree stumps, threw rocks, and dug in the dirt while he was gone. I was just glad that it didn't rain.




Spense wanted us to get this tree. Olivia wasn't happy
about that idea. She said it was too little.
Getting the tree is one of her favorite things about Christmas.
Zach enjoyed being out there.
Thomas liked the dirt
Before we knew it dad was back (and he still loved his insane and demanding wife) and we got our picture. He later admitted that he was glad that we got a picture, and we laughed about him certainly not feeling that way away from the tree lot.
Wasn't that worth it!
Our woodcutter
The tree was trimmed and taken into the house where Olivia just couldn't wait to decorate it. As is always true we managed to find that a couple of our strands of lights were no longer working. I did try to dutifully screw in each bulb before throwing them away though. We dance to 'rocking around the Christmas tree' in true Home Alone fashion as we worked.
This little girl loves decorating the tree.
She thinks that it looks nice when all the ornaments are
very close together and the same colors are side by side.
Thomas was a great helper
Zach tried too. He wanted to put up the candy
cane that he had been given at the tree farm.
Kissing the balls is also important
Olivia got to put up the star this year since it was
Thomas' turn last year. She was a little scared.
Since it was movie night we had our first Christmas movie showing. The kids chose 'The Grinch"
Cooper even got in on the action.
For some the day had been just a little too busy.



3 comments:
Gorgeous tree - love the kissing of the baubles!! What struck me was that when you went to get the tree you were all dressed in hoodys and coats weren't needed - is it pretty mild over there?? We need coats over here right now! x
Beautiful tree Nad. I also had to chuckle at the kissing! That was so cute. I love her!! Looks like you are already having a lot of Christmas fun. Thanksgiving looked great too. At least you took some photo's. I forgot to take any.
I'm just the same Nadia in wanting everything just right and i'm not happy if it isn't! Lovely tree though and thanks for the card. X
Post a Comment