Thomas participated in his 1st science fair tonight and he did a great job. We decided a while back what we were going to do, but as usual we didn't get around to do the write up until last night. Spenser spent a bit of time getting most of the information together and then I edited and got the board ready this afternoon.
Spenser left with Thomas and Olivia to go and set up and then I woke Zach up from his nap to join them. I was amazed at just how many kids were in the gym. I hadn't expected that there would be so much interest. Maybe it has something to do with getting to sit in the gym for two hours tomorrow morning while the rest of the school comes around!
With his project at the fair
(Olivia felt the need to reveal her shoulder I guess!)
Even though we helped Thomas with a lot of the presentation he really was knowledgeable about the principles involved in his project and shared them with anyone who would listen. I did make sure that Spense sat down with him for a while last night and they talked and wrote some notes. I hate to every think that I'm throwing my kids out unprepared!
Ryan and Olivia attempting to look interested
while Thomas gets scientific
Thomas' teacher stops by for a chat
In case you are wondering we looked at how the buoyancy of objects in water is effected by the addition of salt. In case you are wondering objects become more buoyant in salt, but for those of you who have ever swum in the ocean you already knew that!

1 comment:
Nice science project! I think my girls were a little bored when they did it too.
Post a Comment