Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Zoolights

Spenser was a good sport today and entertained the kids while I took mum and dad up to Bellevue so that they could replace lost underwear and clothing. Dad had most of his stuff. It was mum who was really in a mess and she made sure that we heard about it. A lot!

On the way back we had decided that we would meet Spenser up at Zoolights since we hadn't gotten around to doing that yet. When we drove up I was amazed at how busy it was. We normally come a lot earlier in the season and I drove around forever trying to find a place to park. I eventually told mum and dad to get out and go and see if they could find Spenser at the front gate. I didn't want him to have to struggle with all the kids.

After driving around for forever I finally decided to go and catch the shuttle. The only problem was that my phone got lost last night (yes, we seem to be losing a few things) and so I had no way to call and let them know what I was doing. I was frustrated and worried that they would all be mad. Luckily, when I finally arrived they had just barely purchased tickets. They stood in line for 45 minutes doing that. I wish that we had just packed up and driven to the lights at Spanaway but we were there and were going to make the best of it.

We hurried around since the weather was pretty cold and the kids were pretty tired. As is tradition the kids got to pick out a small toy before we left. When Spenser went to pay he realized that he was missing his wallet. Not something else that was lost! While he ran up to the front entrance I called the bank and the credit card company to cancel his cards. He came back a few minutes later bearing his wallet and good news. The only problem now was that he would have to wait 5-7 days for a new debit card! Hopefully we will have some better luck tomorrow.

The cold group



At the end of the road

No comments: