Devin drove down early this morning to play golf with Spenser. Unfortunately, neither of them realized that the early morning frost would prevent play. I felt bad that Devin had travelled so far for nothing. They did end up going out to the driving range to hit a few balls to ease the pain.
Once the rest of the family had woken up we headed up to Seattle to Ride the Ducks. Devin and Katrina came along too. Everyone except for Spenser and Katrina had been on the tour before, but we thought it would be fun to do again. After we had booked our tour we went into the Seattle Center to look at the trains. Zach was in heaven. At 3 p.m we took our seats on the Duck. I was glad that it was much warmer than I had expected it to be on there and we even got a bit of sunshine.
We learned lots of interesting things about Seattle and it's surrounding areas. My biggest takeaway was that there are a bazillion Starbucks around these parts. I know that's to be expected since they started up here, but there were 72 in the area that we drove around on our tour. Wish that I had stocks!
Thomas taking in the sites
Zach held on tightly to his new Buzz and Woody
throughout the whole tour.
Grandma and Olivia
Olivia didn't act like she was enjoying it too much!
She did like it when we went out onto Lake Union.
Devin and Katrina
After the tour we headed downtown on the Monorail to get something to eat. When I went to pay for the food in Chipotle I realized that I couldn't find my debit card anywhere. We called the Ducks to see if it had been left there. I remembered putting the tickets in my purse, but I couldn't remember what happened to my card. We called the office, but they were shut for the day so it meant calling the bank yet again and canceling another card. Now we were down to cash! Mum and dad bought some bad luck with them for sure.
After lunch we walked down to the Pier to see the lights that were advertised down there. They weren't overly impressive, but I enjoyed the walk.
At the lights
We walked back up to the town center where Thomas and Olivia rode the carousel. Poor Zach missed out since he had finally fallen asleep.
Olivia wanted a pink horse
Looking nervous
Yee-Haw!
Before heading out we trekked up to Pacific Place Mall to see their falling snow. They had bubble machines at the top of the atrium pumping out the snow.
Katrina seemed to enjoy the fun.
I'm not sure what Devin thought!
Thomas thought that it was pretty fun too.
Thanks for joining us on a fun day Devin and Katrina. We hope that your parents don't relocate anytime too soon. It's nice that we know you will come up here to see family. That way we know that we'll get to see you too.


2 comments:
That is something we've never done, but looks like a lot of fun! Glad you enjoyed your outing.
Hmmm...I've never done the ducks before either. We'll have to try sometime when we make it back that way.
Post a Comment