Friday, December 25, 2009

Santa's Offerings

The kids slept in until around 8:30 a.m. which truly surprised me and made me very happy. Thomas of course was the first person downstairs.

This kid loves to open presents

It seemed that Santa had decided that the kids were deserving and so had dropped a few things off for them.

Thomas and his turbo tank. He wasted no time in going
upstairs and getting all his Star Wars guys to play with.

Santa dropped off some Littlest Pets for Olivia. I guess he thinks
she needs more girls toys to play with when friends come over too.

Zach made out with a "Cars" geotrax set which he
seemed to like. You never can tell with that one.


Thomas checking the stockings

Zach liked the train he found in his.

A gold chain for grandma Elaine from grandpa

If you are thinking that there aren't too many pictures of Spenser, myself or dad opening gifts that's because we didn't have a whole lot! Dad received the usual clothing from mum and Spenser made out with a Sounders jacket from the two of them.

The afternoon was spent cooking and cleaning up all the paper and boxes. We finally ate around 5.00 p.m. which was a bit late for the visitors, but pretty common for out here.

The table complete with crackers

Pulling a cracker together

Showing off his crown and toy

Olivia in the festive spirit

He never fails to disappoint.
We can always rely on him to be miserable.

The jokes were obviously funny!

Ready for some beef. I was skeptical about the choice of prime rib because I was worried it would be fatty. I should know to trust Graham because it was really good. This may have been helped by not letting mum anywhere near it. She tends to like her meat on the well done/burnt side!

Later in the evening I could hear mum and Spenser disagreeing about what a "real trifle" is made of. She insisted that all you need is a layer of jelly (like gelatin for you American readers), a layer of birds custard, and a layer of whipped cream. So I set out to change her mind. Luckily she loved what I came up with. I think that she ate more of it than anyone else in the end. Thanks for being adventurous mum!

My take on trifle

The thumbs up

2 comments:

Debs said...

I loved seeing you all together enjoying Christmas :-) Your trifle looked yummy - recipe please x

Hayley said...

Looks like quite the event - but we would never expect any less from Nadia! xx