I ran to the grocery store this morning and then we enjoyed an afternoon at the park. It wasn't super warm but the sun was shining, and that's all us Washingtonians need to be outside.
Of course we took the light sabers along
The boys can never resist a good Jedi battle
Sam enjoyed a little time on the swing
but mostly he just poked his head out from his cover
We had a quick game of soccer before we left
Everyone was really into it
but everyone ganged up against Olivia
and that didn't go well!
We then headed home to enjoy our Christmas Eve fondue and nativity. The Johnson's were supposed to join us, but Sadie had thrown up a few times on Friday night. There has been a nasty stomach bug going around for the last couple of weeks and once a family member gets it it goes through everyone. We decided that it would be best if they stayed away with Sam and family coming into town in a couple of days. It really stunk though and we missed them a lot after all the convincing we had done to have them come over.
Finally the table was set
(and the DS was out)
and the chocolate was flowing!
We were ready to eat
Melting the cheese
Eating some bread
After some cheese and meat we got ready for the nativity. This year I decided to buy some cheap costumes that I found online since we always look so ghetto and it takes such a long time to find things. This way we'll have them for years to come and the kids really enjoyed it.
The nativity cast
Since we were missing Sadie I stepped in as the angel
Then it was time for pajamas. Zach was really good this year and was fine with only opening the one present. Maybe he's growing up or something?!
Olivia's pajamas were my big failure of the night. I had asked her quite a few times if there were any specific PJ's that she would like. I asked her over and over if she wanted some princess ones and she had told me 'no.' So when I saw some cupcake ones in the Gap I decided to go with them.
Judging by this sad face they were clearly not a good idea and she opted to wear something that she already had.
Ready for bed
We decided to start a new tradition this year and have the kids sleep together in a 'tent'.
Pretending to be asleep so Santa can come.
Hopefully he does better than the pajamas!





No comments:
Post a Comment