Saturday, December 31, 2011

Ringing in the New Year

Yesterday we headed down to Great Wolf. We did things a little bit differently since the cost of rooms was pretty outrageous. We just paid for one room and then got 4 guest passes to make it much more affordable. 


Dad was happy to hang out with Sam pool side
so he could avoid the cold water


Liam was all about the slide




As usual mum couldn't sit still and was
rushing around to do everything she could


Sam spent a little time in the water




He wasn't keen at first, but then got used to it


On Friday night I took the Hoopes and mum and dad home and left Spense with the 3 kids to eat and play some more. After dinner I took mum and dad back to the hotel so that they could stay with the kids. I was kind of sad not to stay and not having Sam with us. We didn't feel complete somehow.

Spense collected me the next morning and we took breakfast to everyone and enjoyed more time in the park. Hayley and Josh came a little later. Liam's asthma had been irritated by the chlorine in the air yesterday and also for getting cold and wet while we tubed so he didn't want to stay too long. I went home with them after lunch to clean and cook brownies for friends to come over later.

When Spense came home Zach was asleep and Thomas wasn't feeling well. I stayed home with them and missed out on New Year's Eve bowling. It was a bit of a bummer, but I was worried that the stomach flu had finally caught up with us and I didn't want to spread it around. Zach would have been so sad if he realized he had missed out, but luckily he didn't wake up until much later. We made Thomas stay upstairs in our room while people were over and that made him sad. We had a little dancing on the Wii before people headed out.


Dad even gave it a go


Mum gave it a big go!


After a little physical exertion dad assumed his
position on the couch making fun of everyone






Getting ready to count down


Celebrating with some sparkling cider


It was then time for some New Years sparklers


It was cold!


Hayley embraced the tradition


But as usual dad just took the mickey.

I am grateful for the new beginning of another year. We had a few bumps along the road and I felt like I was so wrapped up in myself with my pregnancy that I didn't reach out to others as much as I should have. I plan to do a better job with that (and lots of other things that I also need to change) next year.

No comments: