Friday, April 11, 2008

No Boats at Lynx Lake


We had previously planned to go down to Tuscon today, but the weather was supposed to be hot and so we thought that it might be nice to get out of the desert for a while. I suggested that we go up to Lynx Lake in Prescott and rent out boats, which we did a few years ago. We left around 8.00 am (which I think is pretty early when you're on vacation) and drove up to Prescott where we stopped for breakfast. After a hearty breakfast and talking to Mike about the success we feel we have had watching "I can make you thin" we drove the short way to the Lake. It was a pretty day, although somewhat on the nippy side, but the lake looked beautiful. I never thought that I would say that about any part of Arizona! We snapped a few shots and then went to rent boats. We were disappointed to find out that we had driven all that way for nothing. They didn't consider it peak season yet and so only had rentals on the weekend. We all thought that should include Friday.


Jared and Thomas

So in love!

Olivia with her Megan and Gina

While I drove down to the Lake almost everyone else hiked to the other side. I guess that we had to make the trip feel somewhat worthwhile. We all sat and chatted while the kids threw stones into the water (what kid doesn't enjoy doing that?!) and after some snacks made the drive back to Phoenix.


In the evening Matt and Jen (Spenser's room mate in college and best friend growing up) came over to see us with their kids. We had fun catching up and the kids enjoyed running around playing with one another. After they left it was a mad dash to pack since I thought we flew around 2pm the next day and our flight was at 8.15 am. Boy, was I ever wrong!


Thomas, Jane and Eliza

No comments: