Before we left the hotel this morning, the kids decided that they would like to take a dip in the pool. I personally didn't think that it was warm enough, so Spense got sent in to do the job. The only other family in the pool were also from Washington. Us folks from these more temperate climbs obviously think that it's warm enough if the sun is out!
All googled up!
Thomas showed off his new skills by swimming a few lengths

Some people just liked hanging out on the steps
Zach doing what he does best
I left to finish up packing and apparently I missed Zach almost drowning in the hot tub. He had been in the baby pool while Spense went to get a towel. During this time, Zach got out of the baby pool and made his way into the 3 ft part of the hot tub. Olivia sat crying, "Zachie, Zachie" and luckily Spense got to him in time. We're glad we have Zach!
After loading up we headed over to Downtown Disney to meet up with everyone for lunch. It was Jared's birthday today, so we wanted to be able to see him before we left. I think that Zach was a little perturbed that we didn't go into Disneyland! After lunch and goodbyes, grandpa Kent drove us to the airport. The place was empty so we got quickly checked in and through security. I think that it has to be our best airport experience yet.
After some fussing, Zach finally settled down and slept the whole flight, which managed to arrive early. Of course the rain was there to greet us as we went to pick up the car, but home wouldn't be home without it.
We had a fun, but busy few days together. The only hard part is that our kids are now at different ages and want to do different things and so it meant that we didn't spend as much time together as a family, which I found hard. Hopefully, Olivia will start enjoying some of those bigger rides soon!

1 comment:
I'm glad Zach was ok. That stuff can happen so quick! I'm glad that you had a good airport experience and a fun week. Our kids would always go in the freezing water at Oregon Coast, so I guess they get used to it after awhile. :)
Post a Comment