Wednesday, March 17, 2010

What If...

This afternoon I was talking to my mom on the phone. She told me that Hayley had been under the weather a little the last few days. As we continued to talk the phone rang at their house. It was Josh. He said that Hayley was bleeding and asked if they could meet him at the hospital. We put down the phone, and I picked it right up again. I called Hayley. Josh answered and I could tell that he was scared. Hayley seemed pretty calm considering. As I put the phone down all I could think about was what if Hayley died. I planned it all out in my mind. Josh would of course have to move out here so that I could take care of Liam while he worked. We would take care of them and love them.

I stayed awake waiting for information. I finally called dad in the middle of the night. They still didn't seem to know what was going on, but at least she was at the hospital. They finally discovered that some of her placenta hadn't come away on it's own, so they went in and took it out. Problem fixed. Action plan aborted, thank goodness.

You see, even though I'm different from that sister of mine, I love her. I'm glad that she's mine and would hate for anything to ever happen to her. I'm sad that I don't get to go see her and my cute little nephew, but summer will come quickly.


Oh, how I would love to kiss those cheeks!

1 comment:

Debs said...

Nad you are just like me - my mind would race ahead and make plans and worry etc etc. We are so glad Hayley is ok. I told her on Sunday that her life is like a soap opera!! I'll give those cheeks a kiss from you x x x