Today was another sunny day and we got to spend it outside at Drayton Manor. Olivia had been asking all week when we would get to go to Thomas Land again. This had definitely been the part of the trip that she was most looking forward to. We were also glad that Grandma Ivy decided to come along with us too. The only sad thing about it was that dad had some work that he had to take care of. We really missed having him around.
While Thomas and the big boys went off on some of the bigger rides, we took the little kids into Thomas Land. They were excited to ride all the rides.
I convinced Hayley that Liam was old enough to ride some of the rides. He might not look too happy here (and Grandma is having a hard time controlling him) but he did have fun once it got going.
Grandma and Olivia waiting to ride the roller coaster
On Harold the Helicopter
I was really surprised when Zach said that he wanted to join Olivia on Cranky the Crane. I wasn't too sure that he would like the way that it dropped him, but they both got on. Olivia held him hand just to be sure he was OK.
Once it got going Zach just wanted to get off! I felt bad for him. It scared Olivia too, but at least she didn't burst into tears.
Riding the Bulstrade with Grandma. I think this was the first time that Zach ever really let her get close to him. I guess that there comes a point when you just realize that if mum can't help you out then you need to look for someone else!
Olivia and Zach
We were happy when dad came back to join us
A happy family riding Harold together
It makes me smile to see how Zach was looking at Spense
(he doesn't do that too often!)
With her big brother around again, Olivia
felt happier going back on Cranky.
After finally convincing the kids to leave Thomas Land we went over to one of our all time favorite Daryton Manor rides. It was at this point that mum got sad that dad wasn't around because she had to ride alone.
Liam seems to have quite a thing for Grandma Ivy
The rapids were the last ride of the day. Since we were
going home it didn't matter if they got wet
Before the ride home Grandma treated us all to ice cream
We didn't think about how warm it would be and poor
Grandma Ivy got some burnt cheeks to remember the day by
The day ended perfectly when Josh and Spenser went off to get us all a kebab when we got home. That was definitely on my list of things I wanted to eat while I was there.


No comments:
Post a Comment