Look at how sad Liam was to see his cousins go
Spense came and woke me up around 6:00 a.m. and told me that he had a really painful eye. He said that he could barely open it and that it was giving him a headache. I wondered if anything else could go wrong on this trip and told him to go and knock on mum and dad's door and see what they suggested. In the back of my mind I was wondering if the plane from London to Seattle was going to crash and so none of us were supposed to be on it!
Mum took Spense over to the walk in center. He called a while later to say that they thought he had an infection on his cornea and had to go over to the hospital. I called the airline to see what would happen if he didn't get home in time to make his flight, since they were going to be cutting it pretty close. The lady told me that they cold all get back on Tuesday. I tried to call him to see what to do and soon realized that mum didn't have her phone with her, so poor old dad drove over to Leicester to find them so we could make a decision. While all of this was happening the smoke alarms were going off all over the house and no one seemed to know how to turn them off. We were hiding behind closed doors to make it a little bit manageable.
I figured that everyone was probably staying and so didn't rush to get the kids ready. A little while later Spense called to say he was leaving the hospital and thought we should stick with the original plan so I quickly got the kids dressed and the last few bits put in the cases. The speed with which they left probably helped to make their leaving a little easier. I was worried that Zach would be upset, but he just waved and said "bye bye mom." Dad told me that he did it the whole way down the street and even he was starting to get a little choked up! I think that he just thought they were heading somewhere fun. Little did he realize that he would soon be sitting on a plane for 9 1/2 hours. Olivia was the one who really had me in tears. I didn't think that she would care too much but she started to cry and told me how much she would miss me. I love those kids of mine. This would be the longest that I had ever been apart from them.
I spent the rest of the afternoon hanging out with everyone. The weather was nice so we could be outside which was a nice bonus. After dinner it was just back to me and the parents. I decided that I don't ever want to move home again. They want to go to bed so early!
I stayed up to find out that everyone had got home safely and the flight went pretty well. I just hope that they survive the week. I don't doubt Spenser's abilities, I just feel bad that I know he's going to be busy pulling double duty.
Mum took Spense over to the walk in center. He called a while later to say that they thought he had an infection on his cornea and had to go over to the hospital. I called the airline to see what would happen if he didn't get home in time to make his flight, since they were going to be cutting it pretty close. The lady told me that they cold all get back on Tuesday. I tried to call him to see what to do and soon realized that mum didn't have her phone with her, so poor old dad drove over to Leicester to find them so we could make a decision. While all of this was happening the smoke alarms were going off all over the house and no one seemed to know how to turn them off. We were hiding behind closed doors to make it a little bit manageable.
I figured that everyone was probably staying and so didn't rush to get the kids ready. A little while later Spense called to say he was leaving the hospital and thought we should stick with the original plan so I quickly got the kids dressed and the last few bits put in the cases. The speed with which they left probably helped to make their leaving a little easier. I was worried that Zach would be upset, but he just waved and said "bye bye mom." Dad told me that he did it the whole way down the street and even he was starting to get a little choked up! I think that he just thought they were heading somewhere fun. Little did he realize that he would soon be sitting on a plane for 9 1/2 hours. Olivia was the one who really had me in tears. I didn't think that she would care too much but she started to cry and told me how much she would miss me. I love those kids of mine. This would be the longest that I had ever been apart from them.
I spent the rest of the afternoon hanging out with everyone. The weather was nice so we could be outside which was a nice bonus. After dinner it was just back to me and the parents. I decided that I don't ever want to move home again. They want to go to bed so early!
I stayed up to find out that everyone had got home safely and the flight went pretty well. I just hope that they survive the week. I don't doubt Spenser's abilities, I just feel bad that I know he's going to be busy pulling double duty.

No comments:
Post a Comment