We enjoyed a pretty walk along the river into the town
We then stopped for a little lunch in town
Zach was a little bit chilly, so he wrapped up
South Wing of the Upper Ward
Zach was a little bit chilly, so he wrapped up
Both Spenser and Thomas wanted to tour Windsor Castle so we split up. While they expanded their minds we walked down to the river, enjoyed an ice cream, fed the ducks, and walked towards Eton College.
Windsor Castle was built after the invasion of William the Conquerer and is the largest inhabited castle in the world and the longest occupied palace in Europe. Windsor Castle has become the place where the Queen most often resides.
The round tower (with the flag on top) shows if the Queen is at home that day.
Entrance to the State Apartments in the Upper Ward
South Wing of the Upper Ward
Waterfall where the mote once was
When we drove back up to the castle to get Thomas and Spenser I was sure that Thomas was going to report that he had been bored. I was happy to hear that he had loved the experience and spent just as much time reading all of the signs os Spenser. I'm glad that Spenser has someone who loves to learn as much as he does!
We then drove out to our hotel for the night. After Thomas and Olivia had swum (Zach had fallen asleep so I slept up in the room with him) we headed out for something to eat. Sadly, Pizza Hut had run out of almost everything, but Hayley did get to enjoy her cookie and ice cream desert!

1 comment:
I am feeling very jealous and wishing I was just a tad British! Windsor is one of my favorite places in England! I love that huge park next door. And there are the best sandwiches down the street. Glad you guys are making the most of your trip across the pond!
Post a Comment