On Monday I got to be around to celebrate dad's birthday. We went over to Josh and Hayley's for a little birthday dinner. I had asked him what he wanted me to make him for desert and he requested a no bake cheesecake. It has been quite a while since I last made one of those, so using a number of recipes I finally managed to come up with something that everyone enjoyed. Mum was a little bitter that she didn't receive such attention on her birthday. We told her that the day was about Dad and not her!
Dad and his cheesecake
I got to enjoy several sleep over's at Hayley's house. By the end of the week I was really starting to miss having Spense by my side as I slept even if he does get hot and sweaty next to me. I even missed having Zach come and creep in next to me as well (and I thought that I would never say that!) I got to go with Hayley to Liam's music class. I wasn't totally convinced that he really liked it, but I'm proud of Hayley for taking him by herself because she's not a big fan of going and doing things by herself. I also got to go to Young Women's with Hayley where she put on a mother and daughter pamper night. Mum even showed up too.
Mum and I at the pamper night
I was glad to be able to visit with a few people that I would otherwise have missed if I had left with everyone else. We enjoyed a nice evening with Chris and Paul and I also got to spend a couple of hours over at Debbie's house. It's always nice to catch up, but it also makes me wish that we lived so much closer.
On Thursday I had to go back to the hospital for another ultrasound. Of course I was nervous about what they would see. The baby looked good and was growing ahead of schedule, but there was still a large area of bleeding. The good news was that it had shrunk a little bit, so it didn't look like anything new was going on. When I spoke to the Dr. I asked her if she thought that I would be OK to go home. She said that if I was her sister she would tell me to go ahead and leave as long as I took someone with me and made sure that I wore flight socks, walked around the cabin, and drunk plenty of fluids. Then she said that as my Dr. she had to be more careful making those kinds of recommendations. I then asked if she would be willing to put that into writing if the airline asked me for any kind of medical release to fly. Right then her whole attitude changed. She suddenly decided that it would be a very bad idea to fly and said that I should stay for at least 6 more weeks until everything had cleared up. She even made me book another ultrasound for next week, which I knew there would be no way that I would be there for.
I definitely did some crying that night because I just wanted to go home. I also knew that Noelene was leaving on Sunday and didn't know what Spenser was going to do. It was finally decided that mum would come home with me. Hayley wanted to come too with Liam, but it seemed silly to pay for 3 flights instead of 1.
Dad gave me another sweet blessing before I left for the airport in the morning. I felt like everything would be OK, but it was hard to believe that when my bleeding had started to pick up again. As I checked in my bags I asked him if I would know if I wasn't supposed to get on the plane. I tried hard to believe him since I know he's a lot more in tune than I tend to be!
The flight was it's usual 9 1/2 hours of longness and I got to watch lots of movies, although neither mum nor I were able to sleep too well. I did also make frequent trips to the bathroom. I was so relieved once we finally hit the ground and even though immigration took a long time to get through and I got my bags searched it was all good.
The kids had made me some cute signs and it was nice to see Noelene before she flew back home to Phoenix. We sure appreciated her coming up to help out. I'm sure that she won't miss Zach constantly telling her to 'go back home.' Zach was very anxious to find out if my tummy was fixed now. I think that he's worried that I might go somewhere again. The house looked pretty good when we got back. Spense has clearly been trying hard, but when all is said and done it's just good to be home.


No comments:
Post a Comment