Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Sunday




 Ready for some breakfast


All dressed up for church


Sam was asleep, but we didn't want him to miss out

I had hoped that we might be able to keep Sunday for celebrating the Savior's resurrection and have our Easter egg hunt and egg decorating the day before, but since we didn't get home until yesterday that didn't work out. The Easter bunny visited after church.








Taylor Swift made everything perfect!


 For only the 2nd time in six years we were able to have our egg hunt outside. My candy loving kids really got into it!














Sam thought it was pretty awesome too. So awesome
in fact that he couldn't keep his eyes open!


Quite the stash


Trying to take his picture was not so awesome!


We spent a little time making some easter cupcakes. We always made chocolate nests with cornflakes growing up, but I've never been able to replicate the taste with different ingredients here so now I use cupcakes.

 With all our Easter candy we didn't want more sweet stuff around so we delivered a couple of plates to some neighbors.


With church until 2:00 p.m we enjoyed a late Easter dinner. I took some photos of the table, but apparently none of the food or up enjoying said food. We had some nice orange glazed ham, scalloped potatoes, and a salad. We then enjoyed an egg shaped pavlova for desert later than night.

When the kids were safely in bed asleep, Spense and I had lots of dishes and cleaning up today. Spense declared that, "no meal with worth all this cleaning!" Since we're the only two who really eat anything maybe he's right, or maybe we'll just have to start inviting more people for dinner!

No comments: