Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Trunk or Treat


Tonight was our ward's Trunk or Treat activity. Thomas really wanted us to all go as Star Wars characters, but I thought that it was a bit of a waste of money for Spense and I to buy costumes. I never mind getting them for the kids, since they play dress up in them again and again, but for Spense and I that's really not something that we tend to do! After I had ordered the kids costumes, Spense told me that they are supposed to dress up for work and so he started to look for something. Because I didn't want to be the odd one out I just caved in. After that very long story, we all had the wonderful opportunity of attending Trunk or Treat in full Star Wars regale! The kids loved it and lots of other people thought that it was pretty fun.

We had a good night decorating cookies, fishing in the duck pond, playing glow in the dark ring toss, and of course walking up and down the parking lot looking for candy. After some clean up we all came home tired and ready for tomorrow night's event - the school harvest festival.


Luke Skywalker, Princess Leah and baby Yoda



Thomas, Olivia, and neighbor Ryan


Anakin Skywalker, Yoda, and Padme Amidala




Baby Yoda was a big hit

The cookies were a big hit with Olivia



Waiting for games


Cruella and her puppy


Hitting the trunks

Auntie Hayley was a big help all day helping me get ready for cookie decorating and she handed out our candy so we could go around together for the first time this year (She was a it mean to the big kids who kept coming back for more candy though!) Thanks Hayley!

5 comments:

Amy said...

Awesome costumes! I love it! (We were the Skywalkers two years ago too!)

Ford Family said...

Looks like you had a great time- I love the cotumes! At least you'll get to wear them eery year to the trunk or treat!

Britain said...

So great to see the parents dressing up too. Fabulous costumes! We love a family theme for the ward parties. It's just more fun that way.

Kimball Family said...

Your costumes were awesome! Jake and I were sort of losers and didn't really put much effort in to dressing up. We went to a Hollywood Halloween Party on November 1st. All of our friends were famous Hollywood couples, and Jake and I decided to go as the papparazzi! :0)

Unknown said...

too cute family! I love the costumes!