
Spenser had a much easier time of it in Portland. They exchanged the computer, ate lunch, played with the dollhouse in Pottery Barn Kids and then drove downtown. Olivia loves cupcakes and when Spense and I had stayed in Portland overnight a few weeks ago we found Cupcake Jones who looked like they had some great offerings, and so Spenser took her in there. They came back with a sample box, so we all got to benefit from the trip.

Lunch at Panda. She only eats the rice!

Olivia refused to smile since a stranger
took the photo

Showing off the cupcakes
When Thomas came home from school, Zach was still sleeping so he was all alone for a while. I was downstairs in the kitchen and heard what sounded like crying from the upstairs bathroom. When I went in there I found Thomas in tears. He told me that he wanted Olivia to come home and that he was so sad without her. "I miss her so much, " he said. "She's my best friend!" I am always so glad to hear that because they don't always behave that way! It also gives me hope as a mother. I feel like there are lots of things that I don't do, and many ways in which I come up short, but if there is one thing that I have done right then it has been to encourage my kids to love and look out for one another. We were all certainly glad when dad and Olivia came home so that we could all enjoy another friday night pizza and movie together.

3 comments:
The cupcakes look yummy! It sounds like a good time was had. Give those cuties a big hug for me. I miss you all.
I thought I was going to write this one, it was going to be rookie article, but alas.
What a fun time!!! And how nice did those cupcakes look?! Hopefully Olivia can make us some while she's here that I know will be just as nice! xx
Post a Comment