
We managed to survive the flight and we did better than I had expected. Our flight left around 10:30 pm and Olivia and Thomas found a spot on my lap pretty quickly. They woke up for about the last 1 1/2 or so of the flight.
Zach caused a few problems at first, but he was really pretty good. He sat with Spense in front of us and because his car seat is pretty big his feet were right up next to the seat in front. He thought that it was pretty fun to keep kicking his little legs around and so Spense had to lean over and apologize to the lady in front! We decided that we would move him behind so he could kick his brother or sister instead. The only problem was that the flight hadn't taken off yet and they wouldn't let us get up and move him. It really became a non issue though once we were up in the air though because it didn't take long for him to fall asleep too. I tried to get as much sleep as I could, but its always hard, especially when you have two sweaty heads lying on you! At about 5 hours to go I thought that I couldn't do it anymore, but once we got to within a couple I was OK.
The kids woke up with about an hour to go and so that made getting everyone off the plane much easier. Hayley and Josh met us at the gate. We were slightly disappointed that there was no banner and balloons, but what do you do?! Mum and dad were still in Ireland and I think that mum was really a little left out because she called about 4 or 5 times. We made the 2 hour drive back to the house (We live in Leicestershire which is a little above Birmingham) and just hung out for the rest of the evening. Grandma Ivy agreed to come up for a couple of hours so it was nice to get to spend a little bit of time with her. We managed to keep everyone up until about 9pm (which was 2pm) Washington time and just hoped that they would sleep until morning.

1 comment:
I have read your last few posts backwards and I can't believe how much you did and saw in your week here, you must have gone home shattered. Lovely to see you X
Post a Comment