After some packing we finally left for out trip to Vancouver BC. We made pretty good time up to the border, stopping just once for some food and a good leg stretch. I always hate having to cross international lines. I know that they have to ask you a few questions, but do they really need to be so abrupt when you're just trying to be nice?! After we made it across, Spenser took a quick look at his passport and realized that he has less than a month on it until it expires. Maybe the guy thought that we were trying to jump ship and so that's why he asked what we both did for a work. I'm not sure that a housewife and a dentist without a license would help contribute to the economy too much!
As soon as our bags were in the hotel the kids were pulling out their swim suits to head down to the pool. The pool was freezing and the hot tub was out of order so there was no swimming for me. I will do most things for the good of the family, but getting into cold water isn't one of them, so poor Spense had to take the kids up and down the slide by himself. Thomas helped to make the evevning interesting by taking a big gulp of water. He started to cough and gag so I pulled him out of the pool, just in time for him to vomit in my hand and on some of the floor. I love to clean up that stuff!
The water slide which was a lot faster than it looked
In the cold pool
Our little 'sea otter'
It didn't take too long for Zach to ask to go back to the room. He was quite the little popsicle. The others stayed down there for a good while longer, and when we were all back and dressed Spense went and picked up some pizza. After popcorn and a movie it was off to bed.

1 comment:
What a fun experience. That is so wonderful that you were able to take your kids to the temple!
Post a Comment