My friend Johanna called a couple of months back to tell me that Great Wolf were running a great deal on return customers so we decided to book a trip together, which happened to also fall on Johanna's birthday. After Spenser came home from work we packed everyone into the car and drove the 15 minutes or so to Grand Mound. Everyone was dressed for the water when we arrived so it was up to the room to drop off our things and then straight down to the water park. The kids had a great time playing around until closing time at 9:00 p.m. We then went over to the Johnson's room where we enjoyed some yummy birthday cupcakes.
Everyone loves the jet ski
Joy!
Zach sat squirting water on here forever. He also stood up and drunk water out of the gun a couple of times until the lifeguard told him that wasn't such a super idea.
Dad helped keep everyone happy
Playing some basketball
The blood sugar got a little low before lunch time
Pizza Hut helped to take care of that
Nothing like a refreshing drink
Unfortunately, I didn't dress for the occasion but I did get to hold sweet Eliza some of the time. My back had been feeling a little off since we came back from Phoenix. I kind of put it down to sleeping in a different bed and playing pretty hard in our Thanksgiving soccer game. My back has trouble off and on and I just thought that it would finally go away. That was until Wednesday. When I woke up my back initially felt better, but my foot and part of my right leg were numb. I just figured that it would go away. Sadly as the day went on it only got worse. I spent a lot of the day crying. The only thing I could do was stand up. Sitting or lying down was extremely painful. On Wednesday night I just had to sit on the side of my bed and rest my head on my pillow to sleep.
Yesterday I went to see the Dr. who I knew would report that there was nothing much he could do. It is sciatic pain and all I can do is stretch, ice, and take pain pills. We thought about canceling the trip, but decided that our kids are old enough that Spenser would do just fine managing by himself and we knew our kids would be said not to go with the Johnson's too. So I just sat and watched. That's hard to do. I like to join in with everyone, but I did enjoy watching my children as they played together. I loved how Olivia would stay and be with Zach when she really wanted to play somewhere else because he had asked her. I loved seeing Spenser and Thomas enjoy the big rides together and I loved watching Zach smile.
Connor and Thomas
Leaving Great Wolf
As we packed everything into the car we couldn't see my bag which I thought had my wallet in. I thought that Spenser had maybe dropped it as he had taken everything up to the room. Fearing the worst I called the bank and cancelled my debit card. I also thought that there might be a check book in my bag and thought it best to close the account. If only I had waited just 10 minutes more. I would have got home and found that my bag was on the freezer outside. This would have then made me think that perhaps my wallet was somewhere else. It was. It was safe in Spenser's bag. Now I have to make lots of changes and be without a card for a while. Sometimes waiting a while isn't such a bad thing.




1 comment:
Didn't know about your sciatic pain. That is nasty stuff. I thankfully only had it at the end of my pregnancy with Will but it left me in tears too!
Post a Comment