Friday, December 31, 2010

New Years Eve


We began our New Years celebrations with what has become quite a tradition - bowling with friends. Olivia and Spenser were both eager to prove themselves at the alley.


Thomas and Connor


Zach's enthusiasm for the game was unfortunately short lived. After this picture was taken it all seemed to go downhill. Quickly. He became upset when the Beardsley's turned up on the lane next to us. That meant that he would have to share his favorite ball. He then became upset that he was having to take turns with anyone. Then it was the shoes. He refused to wear them. Deciding that no one wanted to hear Zach cry and scream I took him outside and sat in the car. I'm not proud to admit it, but I lost my patience with him. He threw himself back into my face and that's when he got a little spank. That's when he completely lost it. I heard cries of 'mommy hurt me' and 'my arm' for about the next 5 minutes or so until he finally fell asleep. Peace at last.


While I was enjoying a fun time outside, things were definitely happening in the alley. Spenser had the game of his life and bowled a 191. Of course there was photographic evidence to prove it. Just in case he would need back up in the future.


It was then back to our house for our traditional ice cream sundaes


The it was time for some 'Just Dance' I was glad that
the Werners had decided to bring it


Everyone found it pretty entertaining


Everyone wanted to take a turn


The kids who stayed at the house pretty much
did this until almost midnight


Sadie and Ryan

After the princess movie was over and the popcorn gone, the Johnson's left just before midnight. We made our way downstairs to watch the celebration at the Needle and drink some apple cider.


Thomas was on the countdown.

Sadly, there were no sparklers left this year since we had used a bunch on bonfire night. Now off to bed. Happy New Year!

No comments: