After our Christmas party at church this morning, Thomas and Spenser spent some time out in the pouring rain raking up leaves. Thomas did earn double time for his troubles which he was pretty happy with.
We had hoped to be able to go and see the lights at the Bellevue Botanical Gardens, but since the weather was so crummy it would have been no fun to be outside. Instead we opted for a drive through the Spanaway lights. We got the kids in pj's before we left and as predicted Zach didn't make it too far up the freeway. It was kind of a shame because I think he would really have enjoyed it.
Zach enjoying the lights
These two had a fun time
Spense clearly enjoyed driving us through
I think that lots of people had the same idea as us tonight since there were tons of people in line to get in, but we didn't have to wait for too long.
Here were some of our favorites:
The kids were highly amused by all of the dinosaurs that were used in the display. They didn't seem to think that there were entirely festive animals and I tend to agree.
As we drove out Spense spotted the nearby McDonalds and treated us to some smoothies and milk shakes. That might just have to become a yearly tradition too!

1 comment:
How fun! I can't believe how long we've lived here and we've never been...maybe next year?
Post a Comment