I've never been the kind of mother that let's their child go out in public in dress up. I certainly don't think that there is anything wrong with those that do, but for those who are a little more anal it's difficult! Today let Zach go to dance in his Batman get up. I thought that I should document it. It may not happen again!
As I left to run errands for my Relief Society activity on Thursday it started to snow. I called Spenser and told him to have the kids go outside. They had missed the really big storm that we had back in November because we were in Phoenix and I wanted them to be able to play in some of the white stuff. With every shop I ran into I realized just how fast it was starting to come. I am not afraid of driving in the snow, but I am afraid of other drivers. Especially in a place where we don't see this too much. I decided that it would be wise to go home. As I saw a number of accidents on the way back I knew I had made the right choice. I was also glad to be able to join in on the fun that greeted me at the house.
Zach just loved being out there. I bought back some snow boots for him, but he was more than content with Olivia's cherry rain boots, which I know were a couple of sizes too small for him.
The boys were hard at work on their fort
You have to have somewhere to hide when you fight dad!
Spenser used the shovel to get the boys
Batman also enjoyed the snow
Olivia had already gone inside but I convinced her to go back out with me. We wanted to build a snowman together. First we had to go down the slide. She wanted to sit on her bum, but slipped and flew down face first. We laughed it off.
Our Frosty. Olivia wanted a bigger one, but my hands were cold!
Frosty with his grape smile.
While Zach and Olivia went to bed, Thomas and Spense went out sledding. You had to take full advantage of every opportunity when you don't see the sow very often and rain was predicted tomorrow. After they came home cold and wet after 10:00 p.m. I was just praying for a late school start (since he hadn't finished his homework either!)


1 comment:
Oh my! Zach looks just like YOU Nadia in the 1st picture!!! xx
Post a Comment