Today was a good day. Nothing all that special happened, but the kids were well behaved and it was just nice. You really can't ask for too much more than that. Spenser even got up early and made muffins for breakfast for us to enjoy. One of my favorite parts of the day was when I walked home from the bus with Olivia. She talked about how I was getting older and would be going off to see Jesus one day. I explained that I wasn't quite that old yet, but that indeed one day I would die. She said that was OK because then I would be with Jesus and he loves us.
When Spense got off work we met over at Panera for a quick dinner before baseball. I even got balloons. I think that may have been the first time ever.
The weather was pretty good and the team had a good game
Thomas and Ryan in the outfield
Not too much concentrating usually goes on in the outfield.
Like I said. Not too much concentrating!
Zach and Olivia enjoy meeting up with Luke at the games.
Thomas and Ryan
Thomas took a turn as pitcher tonight. He was having a little more trouble throwing strikes in the real thing than in practice. I know that I certainly wouldn't volunteer to get up there and have a go though. Having to watch surrounded by the other kids parents is enough pressure for me.
I realized tonight that I had never actually taken any video of Thomas hitting anything this year. This wasn't the best hit that we've had out of him, but at least he hit it!
When we got home Spenser quickly frosted cupcakes and we enjoyed a little cake and ice cream before bed time.

2 comments:
It's funny how when you're little your parents seem so old, but now that we're parents we don't feel that old ;) Don't worry Nadia, you're still young! Glad you had a relaxing, low-key birthday.
Glad you had a good birthday Nad, I don't like this getting older milarky!! xxx
Post a Comment