Saturday, May 7, 2011

Sports

Today was another of those sports filled Saturday's. This morning we got to go to Olivia's first soccer game of the season. She wasn't paying particular attention to the ball it seemed until we turned up and cheered her on. Then she was a little more aggressive, but was sad that she didn't get to score a goal yet this season.


Coach trying to urge her forward!


She was much better at taking the ball up the field than
last year, but gets timid in front of the actual goal.


Some tackling


Coach giving his "Huskies" a pep talk

In the evening the kids and Spense got to go to a Mariner's game. Spense had been offered 4 tickets and both Thomas and Olivia wanted to go along. They talked about finding a friend to take and I suggested that maybe Zach would like to go along since by his age Thomas had been to a bunch of sporting events. I dropped them off and then drove out to the mall for a while to look around. That way we all got to spend some time together and we also saved on parking.


Zach was apparently more interested in the popcorn than the game
I think that the treats are the main highlight for most of them!


Ichiro


It was a shame this came out so dark

1 comment:

Debs said...

I really enjoyed catching up with your blog this morning over american pancakes.....oh I love those tulip fields, one year I'll fly over to go with you! And I loved hearing about the time you had with your mum.Love to all xxxx