This weekend we had a trip to Ensign Ranch planned with the Johnson's, Reed's and Romero's. I had been looking forward to finally being able to go and do something after a few weekends at home with the kids. Sadly, it seems that this summer is not going to be one of my favorites! While we were at the pool on Thursday I could tell that Zach wasn't feeling well. He was pale and even managed to fall asleep on one of the chairs. By yesetrday morning he had a pretty good fever and then started throwing up too. Since I really wouldn't be as capable at putting up the tent or helping the kids with activities with my big belly. Spense thought that they should stay home, but I figured that at least some of us should have a good time.
They left around lunch time and Zach and I spent most of the day lying in my bed. He was actually pretty sick and couldn't keep anything down for most of the day. We both got a couple of naps in too and I finished off a new book. Fun times for both of us!
The kids got to enjoy some canoeing with dad
Thomas has apparently become quite the stone skipper
I don't think that this stone probably worked too well!
Abby and Olivia
Exploring
Olivia, Taylor, and Sam
Thomas was the lone boy
Luckily, Connor turned up later that night
Getting ready to make some smores!
Today was dedicated to horse riding and slip and sliding.
Sadly this was the only picture of Olivia with a horse. Olivia had gone ahead with Johanna and Sadie and Spense got trapped behind the kids from our Stake who were on trek so he missed her by the time he got there.
Thomas still doesn't meet the 54 inch requirement for the trail rides, which he was a little upset about so Spense had to lead him.
Maybe that's why he looks a little grumpy?!
Ready to slide
Taking time for a popsicle
Olivia and Connor
(another one to add for the wedding reception!)
Miss Olivia
Just one more time in the canoes before leaving
I was glad that they had had such a great time, but sad that Zach and I missed it. He started asking where they were all at today (I think he was too out of it yesterday) and I just told him they would be back soon. I thought it was best to leave out the camping and horse riding part since he had been so excited to go and do that all week. I guess there is always next year.

No comments:
Post a Comment