Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Zoo Trip


This week has been good to us so far and so we headed off for a day at the zoo. Olivia wasn't too sure that she really wanted to go, but we all had a good time. Admittedly Zach did ask to go back to the car at least 100 times, but I think that's because he has been a little under the weather this week.


I have fond memories of sitting on this hippo with a much smaller Thomas and Olivia when we first came out to take a look at Washington to see if we would like to live here.






Olivia wouldn't pose with the boys because she couldn't
sit where she wanted too


Sadly, the cute little otters weren't out swimming for us


I think we sat on just about every animal statue


As well as taking pictures of the kids we did see some animals too


Fancy having to straddle like that when you want something to eat


This was the 1st time we'd seen the sloth bear


Olivia's favorite sun bear was climbing around for us

We had a fun day together. Thomas was super sweet and helpful with Zach all day. When we stopped for a potty break he said that he wanted to go into the boys with Thomas. I was a little hesitant at first because I was sure that he wouldn't pull his pants down enough and that he would end up wet (but I had extra clothes for that) so I let them go ahead and it turns out that Thomas can take care of his younger siblings even though he doesn't always choose too! We were all tired when we got back to the car for our hour long drive home. 

1 comment:

Eric and Rozanne said...

Looks like a lovely day! I have always thought that about the giraffe too. Seems like such an awkward position to be in all day. Alex doesn't much like taking Jarem to the restroom either. He says he embarrasses him because one time he looked at the other men at the urinals while going. Any TMI? :)