Sunday, July 24, 2011

Northwest Passage Ragnar



Since become a bit of a runner people have been telling Spenser how much fun it is to run the Ragnar and so a few months back he started putting together a team of 12 runners who would travel some 180 miles over around 25 hours with everyone taking 3 legs a piece. We had some problems with injury and one of the girls and then her replacement had to pull out. The only person left was Johanna and so I volunteered to watch her kids while she joined them over the weekend.

The weather turned out great and while they didn't get any sleep, and came home pretty stinky they all reported having a good time. 


They stayed with the Anderson's who used to 
be members of our ward on Thursday night


Van 1 all ready for the off


Sporting their Ragnar tattoos



Ready for the new day


Luckily, Spenser had Ryan in the van to help him
survive all the girl talk


Meeting up with some of the members of van 2


Well done Black Hill's Bandits!
(Spense of course always has to wear some kind of costume)

I managed to survive my couple of days with 6 kids. It was confirmed to me yet again that I have no desire to have more than the 4 children I will have (this has been confirmed over and over again during this pregnancy). I take my hat off to any woman that can do it. The kids were really great, but it was just a lot of work. It seemed like it was one eternal round of feeding, cleaning up, taking care of the baby, resolving conflicts, and making people go to sleep. I know that I definitely don't have it to do it on a more permanent basis!

We did however, manage to get them all to Thomas' soccer game, to the park, we enjoyed movie night, and got some time on the slip and slide yesterday. Sadly, because Spense had the camera I had nothing to document my accomplishments with so you'll just have to believe me!

3 comments:

Deidre said...

Impressive accomplishments with all those kids!!! Some of the crazy people in our ward who didn't come up with 12 people just ran 6 legs apiece for the New England one. Nuts!

RyanJohnsonFamily said...

I believe you and thank you sooooo much! My kids and I sure love you!

Eric and Rozanne said...

That sounds like one crazy couple of days! Somehow I missed that you were pregnant too...congrats! You are a brave woman to take all those kids too!