Sunday, July 31, 2011
Sunday Walk
Every Monday when I talk to my friend Johanna she laughs as I report on our Sunday walks. I guess it is kind of funny when I think about how much they complain, but that we still make them go anyway. I just feel like we should be using the Sabbath for something more than just lounging around. Creating memories as a family is also important to me. I want them to enjoy being together and if I have to force them to walk somewhere to be together then the Sunday tradition will continue!
Today we took a walk around Capitol Lake. Olivia was really upset about something silly and cried for over half of the 1 mile loop. Her crying really has reached a whole new level this summer. Luckily, Thomas paused to give her a kiss when they stopped for a photo. His teasing of said sister has also reached a whole new level this summer. Maybe there is some correlation me thinks?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Haha, that's the way I feel when I take my family on our hikes & Volksmarches. They complain, complain, complain but it's important to do things together as a family. I am sure some day (in the far future) they will look back and appreciate the time we took to spend with them. At least that is my wish. Keep up the Sunday walks!
Post a Comment