Saturday, October 29, 2011

End of Soccer Saturday


Today was our last day of soccer.  I can't say that I was sad. Not even a little bit and we only have 2 of our 4 kids in sports. Spenser took Thomas over to his game and we all joined a little later. Spense then took Olivia over to their game and once Thomas' game was over we met up again at Olivia's game. There is a lot of trading off and driving, but the family rule is that we support each other by being at the games we can be at. I'm thinking that rule may need to be evaluated again next year!


It was a misty morning and sadly Thomas' team couldn't pull out the win. They all seemed a little tired and lacked a lot of enthusiasm.

Half time huddle


Even though we didn't get Thomas onto the team until a couple of weeks into the season he has really enjoyed himself. We have finally figured out that he's a midfielder and not a striker too. Because he's pretty fast he's always been put up front, but he doesn't always have the boot to finish it off He is however, great at understanding where everyone is on the field and has at time made some pretty great passes. I only wish that I had some of them on tape.


Receiving his medal from coach Steve


The strikers


Miss Olivia has made some progress this year. She has become much more aggressive and is actually pretty good at dribbling the ball when she manages to get it. We just have to work on controlling the water works when things don't go quite right for her.


You can always find time to strike a pose when defending




Golden Lightning


One last team huddle and cheer


Thanks dad for another great season!


Here's a little video of Olivia in action. Sadly,
I didn't catch when she scored a goal.

No comments: