Thursday, October 6, 2011
The Scales
Today I decided to get on the scales. I know that it was probably a silly idea considering I've just had a baby and all, but I was interested to know how much weight I'm going to have to lose to get back to pre-pregnancy weight. I figured that I must have lost at least 10 pounds considering Sam weighed in at 8.5 pounds and my placenta was a pretty good size (the Dr. called it 'fatty' - nice huh?!). Sadly, I wasn't surprised to find that 10 pounds was indeed all that I have shed so far. I am of course blaming some of it on water retention after they pumped me full of fluids when my blood pressure dropped after I got my epidural. I have some beautiful 'cankles!' On the positive side I did only gain 32 pounds this pregnancy so there are only 22 more to go. Looks like I'll be needing those maternity jeans for just a little while longer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Don't be down! You will drop more from the water retention. It took 3 weeks for my ankles to go down after I had Jarem. Gotta love those night sweats! But what a glorious day that was when I woke up to normal size ankles again. I had really forgotten what they looked like! :)
Post a Comment