Sunday, November 6, 2011

Bonfire Night

We decided to be a little different this year and celebrate Bonfire Night on the 6th instead of the 5th. If the truth be told I was fully planning on doing it last night, but we had planned a trip to Ikea and a couple of other places up north and that took longer than I thought it would. I'm always overly optimistic with how much I can get done and this was no exception.


We enjoyed a dinner of chili and baked potatoes and
 made it slightly American by adding some cornbread too.


We had poppers left over from 4th July which 
the kids enjoyed throwing everywhere.


The bigger kids enjoyed it too


We also lit a couple of small fireworks. There was smoke everywhere and I got a little nervous about someone calling the cops on us. At least the grumpy fireman who used to live in the neighborhood is gone now!


Olivia doesn't always enjoy the noise and fire








We finished off the night with some caramel apples