Saturday, November 19, 2011

Saturday Fun

They predicted snow, but let's be honest how often are the weathermen actually right? We woke up to find a thin coating on the ground and so of course the kids were outside by 7:30 a.m. to enjoy it. 


Zach enjoyed playing with his guys in the snow


Spenser was sent on a quick run out to Target to get new snow boots, gloves, and a couple of sleds and then they headed up to the hill for a while before it melted.












Boys will be boys


When they arrived back Olivia and I got ready to leave for Portland. A few weeks back Johanna had mentioned that grandma Johnson was taking Sadie and Connor to see 'Pinkalicious' down in Portland. Olivia loves the books and so I thought it would be fun, but I didn't want to cut in on their time with grandma. Johanna reassured me that no one cared and so I called the theater asking if there were tickets anywhere near them. Amazingly, we got two tickets right next to them. It was clearly meant to be !


Wearing pink for Pinkalicious

We met the Johnson's and their grandma and grandpa at Elephant's for some lunch. We then headed over to Cupcake Jones to sample the exclusive pinkalicious cupcake that they had baked while the performance was in town. 


Connor, Sadie, and Olivia picking out their cupcakes


 Pulling silly faces


Olivia sampled the pinkalicious cupcake. It was a white vanilla velvet cake filled with a raspberry compote and topped with raspberry buttercream and a sprinkle of magic fairy dust on top - delicious!




We still had some time before we needed to be at the show so we walked to Hannah Anderson to indulge grandma Johnson and then we all got a book at Powell's.


Once we got to the show the girls got these cute pink feather boers and wands.


Waiting for the performance to start




It was a fun show with some great music. Olivia was a little dissapointed that it was all over. She was ready for them to act out the next 3 books in the series.


 A couple of girls who are pretty in pink






Connor and Olivia
(another one for the wedding video!)


Meeting Pinkalicious and Peter


Mr and Mrs Pink and Dr. Wink

We didn't stick around for too long after the show. I was anxious to get back in case the weather got cold and icy later. It was a pretty good drive apart for some fog during the last 45 minutes or so.

I had a fun day with my little girl. I'm glad that I have been blessed with this little lady, but grateful that Heavenly Father realized that I could only cope with one of them! I don't think that I could handle the drama and the tears and I certainly don't know what I would do with another girls hair. Bobs not braids are my thing and I couldn't let them all look exactly the same! I look forward to our next adventure together.

As a side note the boys had a good day too. Dad treated them to dinner at Applebees and a trip to Limeberry's for yoghurt. He's certainly not afraid to take them all out. 

No comments: