Thomas - 5th Grade
Olivia - 2nd Grade
Zach - Preschool
The kids were all awake nice and early and ready to go. I didn't have to yell at them once. I don't see us keeping that up for more than a couple of days. Thomas who loves to be home of course didn't really want to go back, but Olivia was excited to go back and see her friends.
Zach was a little nervous when we first pulled up to preschool because there were a bunch of new kids this year and Miss Tami isn't helping out anymore, but all fears were soon gone when Carter arrived. He loved seeing his buddy again.
Zach was a little nervous when we first pulled up to preschool because there were a bunch of new kids this year and Miss Tami isn't helping out anymore, but all fears were soon gone when Carter arrived. He loved seeing his buddy again.
I went to the end of the road to meet the kids from the bus. Thomas just ran towards me with his head down and didn't stop until he got to the house. Olivia on the other hand was chatting away with everyone and reported a fun day.
When I got to the house Thomas was in tears. He said that he hated his teachers and didn't want to go back. We have already been into the school to discuss his placement this year. From a few things I had heard from other parents we have been worried that this might not be a good fit for him, but we agreed that he would give it a try and see. He has two teachers this year and I think that thought is a little daunting. He said that it's hard when they both expect different things.
Spense and I have talked a lot about this. Of course I just want to have him move classes and just take care of the situation so Thomas doesn't have to deal with it. Luckily, Spenser is a much wiser parent. Sometimes in life everything doesn't work out the way we would like and we have to learn to deal with it. Sometimes we meet people that we don't like that we have to work with. I think that I have been too quick to figure out what we can do to change things when maybe we are denying Thomas the chance to learn and grow. Sometimes life is hard and it makes us grow. We will see how this year goes.

No comments:
Post a Comment