Hayley and Josh left a day earlier than we originally thought they were going to and we had thought about taking them to Zion's for the day since Spenser was home. So we had to come up with some new ideas to take advantage of the last weekend before school started. I love the Olympic Penninsula and am always wanting to go out there so I found an area that wasn't too far away for us to visit. The biggest problem was that there was a portion of the drive that wasn't on any real road and it was pretty windy. That took a toll on my stomach even though I was at the wheel, but it was worth it in the end.
We carried our picnic and hiked down to Spoon Creek Falls.
Everyone found their hiking stick. We have gathered so many of them this summer.
We then drove up to the nearby lake where lots of people were camping and having fun.
The drive back was less kind to me. I had to pull over a few times to throw up, but I made it. We stopped in for dinner on the way.
On Saturday night we headed out to the drive in for the triple feature. We left before the third movie and to be honest I was asleep for most of the second. Thomas said he wanted to stay, but since it was already almost midnight we made him get strapped in and he was asleep before we pulled into the driveway.
The Reeds and Romero's also came with us.
Of course we also made some time to play with legos.
Sam is a fan of those 'Lucky Ducks'
I just wish they would turn themselves off.




1 comment:
Pretty falls! I didn't know it was there. Glad you guys had a great summer. I do miss the warm weather and am more than ready for its return!
Post a Comment