This afternoon we all had the opportunity to celebrate the 90th birthday of Grandma Pack. Grandma Packer (or Pack as she is affectionately known in our house) is one of the nicest people that I have ever met. She loves everyone that she meets. She is interested in everyone. She doesn't care who you are or where you have come from and she welcomes everyone into her family. I will never forget a New Years that we spent in Utah when Hayley was up in Kaysville with us because she was going back to BYU. We all sat around opening late Christmas presents and Noelene handed an envelope to Hayley as well as the rest of the family. Grandma Pack had an envelope full of money for Hayley too. She was family because I was family. That's just the kind of lady that she is.
Before Grandpa died 3 years ago I loved to watch them together. The truly loved one another and selflessly loved and served one another. Thank you Grandma for showing us all what love and marriage are all about.
We had a wonderful afternoon together with some 100 relatives. After eating we sat down for a little program put together by Grandma's children. They talked about her childhood and courtship to Grandpa. Raising their children and welcoming grand children and now great grandchildren. Throughout the program they created a bouquet of flowers representing all of the people in her family. At the end we all took a flower and placed it in the vase before the grandkids all sang. It definitely made me think about the legacy that I am leaving for my family, the relationship that I have with Spenser and the changes that I need to make.


1 comment:
Bless Grandma Pack. It seems like she had a lovely day!
Post a Comment