
Tonight at dinner Thomas gave the blessing on the food. He prayed that there would be no more war. He prayed that we would treat every one kindly no matter who they were or what color their skin was. It was a prayer that came from a little boy who is always deeply affected by events that are happening around him and today was Martin Luther King Day.
We spent most of the day hanging around at the house. We did head out for dance with Olivia before the winter showcase this Saturday. We nipped by the bowling alley on the way home since I think that Spense is desperate to make up for his last two defeats, but they were really busy and Zach had fallen asleep anyway. We spent a nice but chilly afternoon out on the garden pulling weeds and trimming bushes instead!
Before bed we read "Martin's Big Words" and it made me want to cry, but I kept it in because that's me! It made me want to cry because so many were treated so badly, but one man was brave enough to say "This isn't right. We can do better" Thank you Dr. King and thank you Thomas for teaching me about him. Thanks for reminding me that each day I should be living by the golden rule of treating others the way I would want to be treated.

No comments:
Post a Comment